Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Easter candy

I truly think the Easter holiday brings with it the best holiday candy of the year.....Peeps, Cadbury eggs, Reese's eggs, and M&M speckled eggs.

Now, I know you can get most of the above items at other holidays now. Peeps are now available at Halloween and Christmas with different colors and shapes, Reese's makes trees at Christmas, etc. However, I've gotta stick with the originals. A ghost Peep is just not the same as a rabbit peep. And the Reese's egg is so much better than a Reese's. There is so much more peanut butter.

The first sighting of Cadbury eggs in the spring just brings me joy. Now I have a new favorite as well.....M&M speckled eggs. At first, I was worried that these would be like malted eggs...yuck. Well, they're not. Think M&M's the size of peanut M&M's but without the peanut! Just huge chunks of chocolate with a crisp candy coating. Off to the grocery I go!

No comments: